The only thing worse , we think than not knowing about Canada’s SR ED grant program is probably the fact that Canadian business owners and financial manager don’t know that their claims can be financed immediately to access cash flow and working capital now .

Yes, SR ED claims in Canada can be financed. Clients are always asking us how these claims are financed, what amount can they receive, and how can a SR ED claim be financed when it fact it could be challenged by a SR ED reviewer. Let’s cover off some of those issues.

First of all your Sr Ed claim is generally financeable a 70% loan to value. That technical jargon of course for simply meaning that if you can receive, as an interim cash flow and working capital loan approximately 70 cents on the dollar now for your claim. You of course are fully entitled to the other 30% – we are simply saying that portion is not financed – It essentially works as a buffer for any reduction in the claim by Ottawa. Those reductions in your claim might be a simply temporary clarification that is needed by CRA in Ottawa to approve that claim in its entirety.

Clients ask us if there is a sure fire way of allowing their claim to be approved in full. Probably the best answer we can provide is simply to say that by working with a good SR ED claim preparation consultant you are of course ensured more integrity in your claim. Your accounts can in fact submit a claim on your behalf, but we caution Canadian business owners and financial managers to ensure that they have a solid understanding of their accountant’s specialization in this very boutique area of accounting and business.

Quite often if a claim is temporarily clawed back and credible and experienced SR ED advisor can submit additional proper back up on your behalf to help ensure FULL approval of the claim!

All Sr Ed claims can be financed – however it is a bit easier to obtain full financing of your claim if you have successfully filed in the past. That’s just simple logic which indicates that your firm has a higher ability of being approved. However the bottom line is that a first time SR ED claim can be financed – if properly documented and prepared it is fully eligible for the 70% loan to value – in some cases the first time claim might be financed at a lower loan to value ratio . The bottom line, cash flow and working capital are still accessible for that claim!

The total advantage of financing your SR ED claim is very simple. You have the choice of waiting for your cheque from Ottawa. (That might also involve delays in the final adjudication of the technical aspects of your claim). Alternatively, you can access cash flow and working capital now for your Sr Ed claim.

The process for financing your claim is simple. We strongly recommend you work with a trusted, credible, and experienced financing advisor. The overall process simply involves a standard business financing application, proper documentation of your claim and its filing, and then standard legal doc’s surrounding collateralization of the claim being financed.

In summary, if you are filing SR ED claims take advantage of financing those claims. Cash and working capital are available now. Monetize your claim and use that cash flow to further increase your sales and reduce business liabilities. That is a solid financial strategy!

SR ED Financing -Canadian SRED Financing

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *